Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Things you find out that you really didn't want to know

So... being obsessive compulsive these days about finances... I was looking through last year's bills and I had this one credit card that seldom carried much of a balance and is now all paid off.

You know how you get that phone call and they offer you insurance on your account. Well, this card had that insurance for on X% of the balance in any month. Last year I paid a total of $27 interest on that card. Stupid me for touching it even.

But I paid $23 dollars in insurance fees over the year. So the insurance didn't really reduce my costs - because they still got their interest. Just in case I died or was laid up, the company managers could sleep at night.

Note to self: never use that card again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home